The Charles and Lisa Simonyi Fund for Arts and Sciences is a $100 million foundation with the goal of providing �access to excellence.� It provides grants to worthy arts, science, and education organizations in the Seattle region and around the world.
- Established as a 10-year foundation in late 2003, the fund donates 10 percent every year. Distribution is close to completion, as planned.
- Former KIRO-TV news anchor Susan Hutchison serves as Executive Director.
- The foundation awarded its first major gift in 2004 to the Seattle Symphony with a $10 million donation in honor of its 100th anniversary.
- Other fund recipients include:
- The Institute for Advanced Study
- The Seattle Public Library
- The Museum of Flight
- The Russian National Orchestra
- The Metropolitan Opera International Radio Broadcasts
- The Large Synoptic Survey Telescope (LSST)
- Seattle Art Museum
- Woodland Park Zoo